Sunday 5 June 2011

Did you ever lead a boring or unfulfilled life and then suddenly change your attitude?

I would like to know how many out there just had a pretty routine life for awhile or a certain chapter in their lives and felt unfulfilled during that time........and did you have some sort of awakening/a new outlook/change of attitude,then suddenly started doing all kinds of things out there in the world not only to make yourself happy, but helping others as well?


What was it exactly that cause this %26#039;awakening%26#039; within you?


and what types of interesting things are you doing now %26amp; for the future?


just really curious...... :o)|||I did.





I was in a very unhappy marriage, completely controlled by a man who did not respect me.





I started taking a karate class, and discovered a strength inside me that I never knew I had. I learned how to channel and release it, and in the process, grew to trust myself.





And when the ranting raving lunatic I was married to demanded a divorce for the umpteenth time, because I expressed an opinion he did not like, I called his bluff and agreed. Then watched him cry and beg me to stay with him, telling me he never wanted a divorce; it was just the only thing he could think of to keep me in line.





I left.





Months later, I found one of my karate classmates again and invited him out to lunch.





Years later, I married him.





All of it stemmed from one simple thing: that karate class.





.