Sunday 5 June 2011

How can you change your attitude/personality? Even small bits of it? People call me cocky - I don't want to be

I%26#039;ve been told that a lot lately ... And once I heard it, more than once, I started evaluating how I think about people, what I say, but most importantly HOW I say it. It may not be that you are cocky, but rather the impression you%26#039;re giving because of how you deliver your message.





I think that I have strong opinions, and when I express them, I do, after doing a self evaluation, sound like I%26#039;m a know-it-all, or that I think I am. Or how I carry myself makes me seem vain. Inside, I don%26#039;t feel that way at all, I simply feel strongly about certain things.





Take a good, hard, look at yourself, and see where there needs to be changes. You%26#039;ll know when %26amp; where to do it, once you figure out what needs to change. It simply takes effort on one%26#039;s part to say too much sometimes, or choose different words than the ones you want to use.





Good luck.





P.S. Don%26#039;t lose your confidence in the process, just be less aggressive.|||Stop bragging...





Do you like hearing one person constantly telling you how great they are and how good they can do everything? Do you like people that never listen to you and take every chance to let you know that they%26#039;re better than you? Probably not and guess what?





Noboby else likes hearing it either...|||ive been told countless times by my closest friends and the ladies in my life %26quot; i thought you were cocky as hell, until i got to know you and you are no where near cocky%26quot; %26quot; confident. thats what you are%26quot;. I stand tall, smile big, carry myself with direction and purpose, plus im able to talk about more than the weather, in a conversation. when i arrive my presence is felt. it used to bother me now i just laugh bcuz a lot of people love to hate on others for no reason, so try not to take it the wrong way. just understand there isnt really a why? but an it just is!





@ 18 or 19 i made a formula for personal change that has worked indeffinately.... %26quot;the three r%26#039;s%26quot; is what I call it... REALIZE...RECOGNIZE... REACT... realize that there is something you want to change about yourself, recognize each time you do the behavior that ur trying to change, and Re-act. (change the behavior to your liking). it works for me try it..