Sunday 5 June 2011

How do you change your attitude about yourself?

I get caught up in all the things I hate about myself and it makes me very negative about the possibility of any good things happening. I realize that this isn%26#039;t a productive or attractive trait, but once I realize a flaw, I don%26#039;t know how to accept it without being discouraged.





Especially flaws that you can do very little to change, such as looks ... (not just that, but that%26#039;s an example.)|||I don%26#039;t know how old are you, but this feelings are usually associated with adolescence or puberty. However that doesn%26#039;t mean that they are uncommon in adulthood.


Everyone has had similar feelings like this in some point in their lives. This is what works for me: I find a happy memory (e.g. having a great time with friends, the last time that I laughed really hard, getting all dressed up and so on ) and work from that. Because in those moments when you feel good your mind is not preoccupied with negative thoughts.