Sunday 5 June 2011

How can I change my attitude and start thinking like a manga/anime girl? (How do I be a nicer person?)?

I%26#039;ve got short hair and wear tomboy style clothes, and don%26#039;t do girly things, because when I was a younger teenager I made an effort to break the mould and make guy friends instead of girl friends. I wasn%26#039;t being true to myself and changed my whole attitude to the world. Now I feel kind of confused and unhappy, and I want to be feminine again.





I figure, though, that being %26#039;girly%26#039; comes from your mind, not from what you wear. Girls in manga (Tomae from Vampire Doll for example) are almost always cute, kind, helpful, caring, friendly, lovely and laid back... and manga girls are the girliest girls of them all. I%26#039;m pretty much the opposite of that at the moment (not cute, unkind, uncaring etc...)





So, I%26#039;ve decided that to feel more comfortable in myself, I need to take a lesson from manga girls and become nicer and therefore more stereotypically feminine. But how do you change your whole attitude and mindset like that? Can anyone give me any help or advice? Thanks :)|||I can tell from your well-articulated question that you are a very intelligent and thoughtful person. Use the gifts that you already have to make yourself into whatever you want to be. You don%26#039;t have to be a character in a book or magazine, you simply need to be yourself. When someone asks you to do something with or for them, respond with thoughtful honesty. Don%26#039;t attempt to be mean or kind in particular... just be human and fair.





If you allow yourself to accept yourself as you are right now, you will understand what I mean. Someone who knows who they are and what they stand for will instinctively understand that they deserve to be treated with kindness. A person with healthy self-esteem will also respond to others with likewise compassion and understanding. Work on yourself first and the rest will come.





Hope this helps.|||I can actually really relate to this.





Well let me put it this way.





I used to be a tomboy when I was younger. Im 15 now. I had all the guy friends and whatnot. I was even into the anime stuff. But actually as the years passed I became more interested with other things. Im not saying im 100% girly. Im better than I was though. Don%26#039;t take after a character or whatever. Take after yourself and go with what your mind, heart and soul tells you.


Do whatever you want and thats exactly what makes you, you.