Wednesday 26 October 2011

How do you know when it time to move on in your job? Or do I need to adjust my attitude?

I do love my job, but I feel like I am being wasted because they like what I am doing in my present situation. I do feel however that I have so much more to give and they are not giving me a chance to grow and see that I can do much more then they are allowing me to. I am a receptionist and have been for 6 years with the same company and we have had many recent changes and I used to do more for them, and now I am not challenged and bored out of my mind!How do you know when it time to move on in your job? Or do I need to adjust my attitude?Don't settle for a job that gets stagnant. I worked for 12 years as a service rep for a huge telephone company, had opportunities to advance to a supervisors position, (didn't want the headaches) but the politics were overwhelming. I resigned over a year ago. I feel much better physically and mentally! I have a small business to fall back on, which is doing pretty well, to suppliment my husbands income.



If you stay with a job that gets to you like that, eventually, you will start having physical problems. Mine got so bad that I ended up going into Congestive Heart Failure 2 years ago. To make a long story short, since I left, I've gotten a clean bill of health (which is most important!), and I have a lot more patience with people in general.
How do you know when it time to move on in your job? Or do I need to adjust my attitude?
When you start hating your job! When you wake up in the morning and wish you had another job. But..you can still love your job and %26quot;feel%26quot; you must move on, in that case you should start job hunting. Or, you might want to talk to your supervisor and express your concern over mind boredom. No company would want to lose an employee that is dedicated (6 yrs, you say?) and reliable (recent changes?).