Friday 7 October 2011

Guys: How would you feel if your fiancee didn't want to change her name?

It's customary for a woman to change her last name to her husband's last name. Socially she becomes Mrs. Hubbie's Name.



Personally, I don't want to change my name when/if I get married. Changing my name would be giving up my identity. What does that have to do with love? Plus, I have a really cool name that I want to keep. :)



Guys, how would you feel if your fiancee had an attitude similar to mine? Rejected? Indifferent?Guys: How would you feel if your fiancee didn't want to change her name?I think it is disrespectful not to change your last name. You marry that person and comming along with that is a name change. Who cares if the name is Goober. That is now the last name i have.
Guys: How would you feel if your fiancee didn't want to change her name?
I'm not crazy about my last name so I wouldn't care either way.
Guys: How would you feel if your fiancee didn't want to change her name?
If the guy is offended by it, then that isn't right. You should have the right to keep your name if you want to. It shows that you are independent and want to stay linked to your family.