Monday 17 October 2011

What's one attitude in your life that you don't like and would like to change?

As one writer put it, he felt he was a 'human ..doing' not a 'human..being', and

if we are to be a 'human..being', we need to be able to look at areas that

we think could be better, or that aren't working that well. We have this

relatively short time to see how we can make things go better in our lives.

If this is something that you can relate to, something 'discussable' of

course, something that you think can be helpful to you and others,

I'd like to hear to get 'food for thought' where others are at in this.

For me, it takes meditation and slowing down to see those things

that aren't going well, otherwise, it's just the train derailing.What's one attitude in your life that you don't like and would like to change?I hate to admit it, but as I age, (now 58) my job calls for coming in contact with literally thousands of people a day, (airport security) . And as I tire or by body tires, I find my personality and temperment gets rougher and harsher as the day goes by, as we are always on our feet, as much of the world today....It's one thing to be young and agile an get through a day of complaining customers, and flyers. It's quite another to be looking at retirement and wondering if you're going to make the last few year stretch or if you're going to %26quot;go off%26quot; on someone from exhaustion....



Sorry for venting but I was trying to be honest...



For the biggest part, we have a great time in New Orleans with our customers and laugh and smile alot ..But it does have its moments.
What's one attitude in your life that you don't like and would like to change?
I like that quote, I'll remember that one!



I have a tendency to be overly cautious when it comes to committing myself to anything because I'm afraid of disappointment.In the past it I've rejected people because I'm afraid of having to commit to becoming their friend only to be let down in some way. When I saw an opportunity for me to be proactive in some way(like joining a cause, doing a good deed, etc.) I sometimes will decline because I think to myself ,%26quot;What's the use? It won't matter.%26quot; I made myself apathetic to some degree, and sometimes I do this still, but I am much better.



All in all, I would like to stop judging all the time and just being more open-minded, not so self-centered. Many of the problems that occur in the world are due to judgments being made.
What's one attitude in your life that you don't like and would like to change?
Attitudes are various and changing. But I am thinking that you want us to look at the big picture in our lives and find which attitude is the worst and needs to be substituted with a good one. Like you said though, it takes pondering to find this attitude problem.



And now I am thinking about it...

(minutes pass)



If not being temperate can be considered an attitude, I will put that as my problem. Acting impulsively would be my down fall. My attitudes change so often. So, this is not just one particular attitude that I would like to change, but keeping a calm attitude all the time. And no, I don't burst out in anger fits. In fact, once a year that might happen if at all, honestly. I lived with people who would burst out in anger, and I guess I just learned my lesson that outrages hurt yourself and others.



But I will find one attitude in particular as you asked. The attitude of thinking that everyone is better than I, and I am just the scum of the earth. This often happens. However, I cry to God, and he lovingly answers me, %26quot;All men are created equal. You are all one blood. I love each of you equally. I respect no one over the other, and neither should you.%26quot;