Monday 17 October 2011

I want to change my name, but only have one parent?

Hi. I'll make this short...



On the application form, when applying to change your name, it says that you must have identification %26amp; documents from both parents if you are under 18, to change your name...



However... I don't have both parents with me. I have been under my mother's custody for years now, and I haven't talked to my father for even longer... How am I supposed to get willing documents from both parents if one of them isn't in my life?



Because of his attitude, I can't progress through life?



Surely there's a way to have it, so that I only need my mother's permission?



Thanks!I want to change my name, but only have one parent?Usually this can be accomplished by publishing a, %26quot;change of name notice,%26quot; in the newspaper. This gives the other parent time to contest the action or default. Ask at your local County Hall of Records to be sure of the process in your area.
I want to change my name, but only have one parent?
is there any way you could wait til you are 18?