Monday 17 October 2011

How has the Internet broadened your horizons? Has it ever changed your mindset & opened your mind?

Do you express your view on a debate on an internet forum in a way that you'd never dare to in real life?



Beijing, Oct 3 (Xinhua) Website business manger Shao Yibei describes herself as 'a tiny waterdrop in the ocean of Chinese netizens longing to shine'. But she never knew she would shine overnight.



The 26-year-old music lover had a five-minute video clip uploaded on the Internet in February, in which she was singing while playing guitar a self-composed song about an urban single woman's attitude towards marriage.'My friend uploaded the clip just for fun,' said Shao, 'But none of us expected what would happen the next day'.



The response from the virtual world was overwhelming, with more than 300,000 hits during the first couple of days. Shao also received thousands of 'friend requests' on her blog.



Movie producers invited Shao to compose songs even when her first album is getting readied.



'I feel difficult to communicate with others in real life, so music is my way of expression,' said Shao, 'But it's the Internet that makes me 'heard'.'Shao is now best known as folk singer and blogger 'Shao Xiaomao'.



Zhang Jie, a 26-year-old editor in the southwestern municipality of Chongqing, has found surfing indispensable in her daily life since she first had access to Internet 10 years ago.'The Internet does not only bring convenience to my life, but more importantly, it reforms my mindset,' said Zhang. 'The Internet gives me much more than a digital identity, it transforms me into a person with independent thought and open mind.'



http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091003/876鈥?/a>How has the Internet broadened your horizons? Has it ever changed your mindset %26amp; opened your mind?Yeah. It really has.



It's made me realise that it ain't just school kids who bully via the net, it's grown adults too. Funny because people point the finger at my age group and say it's going wrong with my generation yet people twice my age troll %26amp; target others on here. I think problems started a long time ago.



It's made me see some amazing talent %26amp; it's allowed others to access that amazing talent such as the story you've posted. I know a few brilliant local bands who have had success through the internet %26amp; hard work (a lot of gigs which don't pay anything...).



I've seen how the net can bring people together too. Something which I used to doubt when younger.
How has the Internet broadened your horizons? Has it ever changed your mindset %26amp; opened your mind?
opens the mind with new things to learn !!!
How has the Internet broadened your horizons? Has it ever changed your mindset %26amp; opened your mind?
It has definitely shortened my attention sp ..........byeeeeeee!!
  • parameter order
  • ittwit
  •