Friday 7 October 2011

Do clothes have an affect on your attitude?

I was always someone who likes to dress well - whether it was just t-shirt and jeans or a nice outfit, I always liked to be presentable. When I first started college, the %26quot;thing%26quot; to do was wear sweats on campus all the time. I did an experiment one week (through a psych class) based on that prison experiment - on how ordinary peole were security guards at a prison and how they're role and uniform changed their attitude. I wore sweats vs. nice outfit on 2 different mondays and have found a difference. I felt that dressing up in sweats made me lazier.The only time I do now is when it's a lazy sunday, rainy or super cold day, sports day, or on my period.



okay, so this is actually more an opinion i'm asking but....I have this whole day to study for a big exam tomorrow...thing is, i'm on my period...and am tempted to wear sweats but it may bring my attitude down to feel %26quot;too comfortable%26quot; or %26quot;lazy%26quot;...should i wear sweats today? or will that affect how I %26quot;study%26quot; and accomplish?Do clothes have an affect on your attitude?when i have a job interview by phone, i try to get dressed and not do the interview in my PJs and if i have a physical interview, i dress nicely
Do clothes have an affect on your attitude?
Well when wearing whats more comfortable, you may accomplish more. Being in an enviorment where your least comfortable in makes you more lazy because you dont actually want to be there. Same thing with clothes. If your comfortable in sweats then where sweats because you will be more likely to suceed. Your happier when your more comfortable.