Wednesday 26 October 2011

My grandma is CRAZY!! Don't you think she crossed the line JUST A BIT?!

so about a week ago, me and my grandma got in a HUUUGE fight. it's a REALLY long story...feel free not to answer this if you dont wanna read it, lol. but its kinda interesting.

she's moving into a new house, so i came over to help her. i needed to call home for a minute to see when i had to be home, and when i was on the phone i was STILL helping put things away. my grandma was in the house...keep that in mind.

for some reason it was taking forever to get an answer out of my mom, so i was on the phone longer than expected. i walked a little bit away from the car (we were getting stuff from there and putting them inside), and my grandma comes back out. she went up to me and yelled %26quot;jess, you need to get off the damn phone and help us, all you're doing is walking around!!%26quot; and i had 2 people talking to me on the phone by now (don't ask me how, lol) and her yelling at me...i might have raised my voice a LITTLE bit (no i'm not being sarcastic) when i said %26quot;grandma, i was just putting stuff away.%26quot; and she said %26quot;no you weren't! you were walking around on the phone, just letting everyone else do the work!%26quot; i kept telling her that no offense, but she wouldn't know this because she was in the house..so that got her mad and she told me not to get an %26quot;attitude%26quot; with her. i just said sorry but i'm not. then she told me to get my stuff, i'm going home. so i went and got all my crap and went back downstairs. i called my mom back to tell her i was coming home because apparently i did something wrong..now i didn't know she could hear me say that. so she comes in and she said %26quot;oh you didn't do anything wrong?! BULLSHIT!!%26quot; and my mom could hear her..so i just said this is going nowhere and i know i didn't do anything. haha THEN....this is definitely where she crossed the line. she said %26quot;you need an attitude change, you AND your mother%26quot;. OHH BOYY. that is when i flipped out on her. NO ONE talks about my mom, cause she's been through a lot with my dad and everything (this is my dad's mom i'm arguing with btw), but she doesn't know the whole story so she thinks my mom is the spawn of the devil or something. anyway, i told her she wouldn't dare say ONE more word against my mom, and reminded her of when she called her cold-hearted..and then she said it's true. so i got REALLY mad and started yelling at her because she had NO RIGHT to say that to me. she kept saying things like %26quot;when you're 21, i'm telling you the truth about this mess with your parents%26quot; and i said i already knew the truth and GUESS WHAT. she kept telling me the same thing over again. so we got in the car...unfortunately for me, EVERYONE was in the car. my cousins and my little brother, too. we were basically screaming at each other now because she kept provoking me %26amp; trying to make me feel guilty. she just wouldn't SHUT THE HELL UP. at least i eventually became the bigger, more mature person and shut my mouth. but she kept on going and eventually i just told her to shut up because it's still going nowhere and she keeps going and going and going.

okay sorry that was so long...but i really need to know if you blame me. she's always stomping all over me..well mentally, anyway. i have to tiptoe around her so she doesn't blow up like that. i had been holding that in for years and i had to let it out..i don't regret it one bit because she had it coming, talking about my mom like that. she's known to be completely over dramatic and throw little temper tantrums like a 3 year old...this isn't because of old age because she's still in her late 50s. she was just born that way. i shouldn't have to deal with that crap.

so first of all, i want to know if you wouldve done the same thing.

and second, how do i just ignore comments she makes? i can't get away from her because my dad lives at her house temporarily.

ugh she drives me crazy 24/7, what am i supposed to do?!My grandma is CRAZY!! Don't you think she crossed the line JUST A BIT?!First off I think you probably was on the phone longer then you thought.



However why was it your responsiblity to help your grandma move??? My child is 17 years old and the only way I would expect him to help some one else move even a family member (other then us of course) is if you wanted to or he was getting paid. If you through the entire families responsiblities on our kids they would never get a free moment for any fun...



Furthermore you need to stay the hell away from your grandma. I am not saying you was right in the way the arguement started maybe you wasn't maybe you was, I really don't know. However you grandmother should have NEVER brought your parents problems into your arguement. That was way out of line...



It sounds to me like she is angry with your mother and taking it out on you. that is a sick thing to do..
My grandma is CRAZY!! Don't you think she crossed the line JUST A BIT?!
I guarantee you were on the phone longer than you thought.You could have left a voice mail message or waited til you got a break to make those calls hon.To stop helping when there is work to do to make phone calls aggravates all others who are working their tails off.I see this where I work ALL the time.
My grandma is CRAZY!! Don't you think she crossed the line JUST A BIT?!
You can choose your friends but not your family! Talk things over with your grandma, she did cross the line a bit...
blimey! wot a problem!



ur gandma was out of order and she made it luk like u had lied. If she doesnt understamnd, i would talk to ur dad and explain and just say until she talks to you with respect, that you will not be goin round her house to visit her or your dad. That will encourage ur dad to speak to her aswell. She should apologise. You were also doing her a favour by helpin her move and if shes not grateful... i would wait 4 an apology
Your Grandma did cross the line. She should not have said those things that is for sure. However, I do think that perhaps you should have a waited for a break in the action to make your phone call. She probably felt that it was unfair that you were on the phone while she was working and being on the phone can be a distracting thing and it is possible that you were on it longer than what you thought.