Friday 7 October 2011

How do I change someone's outlook on life?

I don't know where to begin...Last night I finally got close to this gentleman that I worked with when I was 16, and we ran into each other again. Since then we have been talking a lot, and hanging out every weekend. When you first meet him he's that typical male, egotistical. Finally last night through texting, he basically told me loneliness consumes him, and there is no one who is able to change his life. We have established multiple times, I believe, that we are just friends. There are times when he shows me otherwise, but I don't know why he's sending me mixed signals. I'm leaving in two months, and what I would like to do is show him that you are able to change your life. And that he can make better friends, and to change his attitude of negativity when we talk about him being lonely. Last but not least, I'd like to show him that you don't need a girlfriend to cure your loneliness. There are more little minor details...he knows the difference of a real girlfriend and just getting a piece of azz if anyone was going to reply to that...so help me out on how i can change him in a little way. I really don't have time for this, but I would love to help him.How do I change someone's outlook on life?If I only had a dime for every female who thought they could change someone's basic personality.....
How do I change someone's outlook on life?
Maybe just suggest some activities that he could get involved in to meet more people. He is either feeling sorry for himself, OR he is into you and wants to see if you try to %26quot;fix%26quot; him.
How do I change someone's outlook on life?
If someone wants to change, they need to take a very good look at their life and what they are doing in it. Then they need to do something different in order to create change. Doing the same things over and over again does not create change. Also, people do not have long term happiness unless they are with other people and helping other people. Being by ourselves constantly, only makes us crawl deeper in our own little comfort zone, but this does not make us happy. He needs to step out and try some things outside his comfort zone and meet new people in order to find that happiness. It is not easy, but it is worth the outcome. I am sorry for not being more specific, but I do not know this person and really do not know what he does socially.
No one can change other people, you can only change yourself. You could give suggestions to your friend but it is up to him to change himself. Take the focus off yourself, if your lonely and put the focus on yourself if your going to change.
  • networking
  • flooded with viruses
  •