Friday 7 October 2011

How crappy is your job? How can I deal with crappy people?

Let me tell you about mine.......I bartend at Ruby Tuesdays where after workign my a$$ off, I only make 45 dollars because of no tips for to go orders, and only about 7 bar seats, where a customer will sit for three hours and leave you a dollar......I have to make stupid lemonade and tea for the servers and only get about a dollar an hour for it. The other people I work with complain about me because everyone that works at a restaurant is angry and hates their job. I guess I am an easy target....oh and my best customers are men who llive off of disability checks and sit at my bar all day and talk to themselves......and go in the bathroom and poop on the floor. I dont serve them alcohol, but they go next door and drink and then come over to sing and poop and burp and fart...and scare away alot of other customers. I was told by the manager that my %26quot;attitude%26quot; needs to be changed. what would your attitude be if you worked your *** off for not even minimum wage? I drink ALOT and have shakes and panic attacks because of this job. Is it worth the damage to me? I already put in my notice but tonight I had a customer who gives me the creeps try to find out my work schedule and school schedule and aske dme to meet up with him at my school. He joked about being a pedophile and chopping up women and hiding them in his trunk. I got so shaken by this customer that I had to walk away. The managers and other servers just laugh about it, but I have a gut feeling.

How can I learn to deal with people? I was raised in a very educated and well bred environment. I also am a shy, sensitive person by nature. I am not use to dealing with drunks and bar riff-raff. I don't know how to respond to low-class people. But the economy took my choices away from me..... I have to work this demeaning job.

Sometimes I think I'd rather shoot myself than go another day like this.How crappy is your job? How can I deal with crappy people?I know how you feel. I used to be a waitress at a restaurant, and my current job is being a cashier at Wal-Mart. Do you know what kinds of disgusting, rude, ignorant people come in to Wal-Mart? Any job that deals with the public will force you to deal with the BAD side, as well. It isn't worth what you're doing to yourself, but you're letting it get to you too much. Don't let them %26quot;hook%26quot; you. No matter what they say (be it your coworkers or customers), just smile and nod like they just paid you a compliment. Odds are this will piss them off worse, because they really want you to get mad, but it works. I'm a very blunt, opinionated person, so trust me; if it didn't work, I wouldn't have lasted a week.
How crappy is your job? How can I deal with crappy people?
If you can, start looking for another job. It is NOT worth your mental health. However, remember only YOU have a choice about what you think and how your look at a situation. If you feel incredibly irritated at someone, recognize the irritation and let it go and MOVE ON. There is no reason for you to hold onto the irritation. It is the thoughts that are causing you pain. (This philosophy becomes easier and easier with practice). Isn't your peace of mind worth it?



Good luck!
How crappy is your job? How can I deal with crappy people?
just quit. I assume you're a student so it doesn't seem like its worth the BS.