Friday 7 October 2011

I'm doing a religion project and need married people to help answer a few questions...?

I'm looking for married couples in their 20's 30's 40's 50's or 60's to answer a few questions. Please let me know which group you fit in. We are comparing married couples of the different age groups to see how everyone views marriage differently. Anyone can help! Thank you so much!



1. How did you meet?



2. What was your dating experience like? (i.e., how long did you date for? Did you ever break up while you were dating? What were the big issues when you were dating?)



3. How did you come to decide that this person was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?



4. How did you proposal go?



5. Was the wedding day like you thought it would be?



6. Did you have good role models of marriage growing up? Do you think having had role models or not has affected your attitude or beliefs about marriage?



7. To the wives: What advice would you give young girls today regarding relationshops with the opposite sex?

To the husbands: What advice would you give young men today regarding relationships with the opposite sex?



8. Is marriage different than what you expected? If so, how?



9. What are some of the biggest challenges you have faced in an effort to maintain a healthy, happy marriage?



10. What are the best things about being married?



11. What are some of the “nonnegotiable” you had in mind before you got married regarding what your future spouse would have to be like?



12. How are you and your spouse similar? How are you different?



13. Why do you think there is a 50% divorce rate today?



14. Had either of you been married in the future? If so, how did this change your views on your current marriage?



15. Do you have children? Either way, how does this effect your marriage?



I'm doing a religion project and need married people to help answer a few questions...?1. We were formally introduced to each other as potential marriage partners.



2. We met twice in the homes of friends. We talked on the phone.We went out to dinner together once, after we had agreed to marry.



3. He and I were similar in age, had been married before, had children, and had a similar interest in, and attitude about, religion.



4. He told my friend's husband that he definitely wanted to marry me, and she and her husband discussed this separately with each of us and both of us together.



5. I had never been to a Muslim wedding, so I had no expectations. Because my fiance was working abroad, we had a simple family party at his father's house. (There wasn't time to arrange a big party, and we both felt that this quiet affair was more suitable than a more elaborate one would have been, since we both had been married before.)



6. My first marriage had been made early (I was 19), before either my ex-husband and I had been mature enough to commit for a lifetime. My parents, on the other hand, married in their early twenties and stayed together until my father died. They were both determined that, come what may, they would never separate. Especially after the unhappiness I suffered during my first marriage, I was determined to make the second marriage work, as my parents had done. Their model has definitely affected me in this.



7. The only man who is worthy of your time and affection is a God-fearing man who wants to marry you. Make sure that your father or wali is convinced that the man is a good choice; he can get to know your suitor better than you can.



8. It's a long journey. Both of you grow and change along the way. You really can't see far enough ahead to be able to predict the turns in the road.



9. Both of us had emotional baggage from our first, unsuccessful marriages. Also, we learned that cultural differences are much deeper than we had imagined--they are more than merely a matter of clothes, language, and food.



10. We are similar in our degree of, practice of, understanding of, and practice of faith. Each of us watches the other's back. Each of us supports the other when things are tough. Each of us knows s/he is not alone on the path.



11. He had to be religious, and knowledgeable enough about religion to teach me. He had to be Muslim. He had to have a similar viewpoint regarding religion. He had to be willing to accept my children.



12. We are similar in our attitude towards, and practice of, religion. We are both first children. We both respect all types of people. We are very different in our tastes and aptitudes. For example, I am very verbal, very literate, but he is very mathematical and mechanical. He also is much more outgoing than I am.

These differences are complementary rather than problematic. Our skills dovetail; together, we accomplish much more than the two of us would be able to do separately.



13. Big question!



a. People get married for the wrong reasons: because of infatuation and physical attraction, rather than because of similiarity in attitudes, manners, and goals.



b. Divorce has become so common that it seems to people to be the best way to deal with marital problems that actually could be solved while maintaining the marriage intact, if the couple are determined, patient, considerate, and God-fearing.



c. The community does not provide sufficient resources in terms of education about marriage and family life beginning in elementary school, in terms of helping young adults to work together to plan their married life, and in helping troubled couples to stay together or, if separated, to reunite. Also, people are not will
I'm doing a religion project and need married people to help answer a few questions...?
1. Met in high school, during lunch

2. We dated for 7 years. For 1 of those early years we agreed we could date other people.

3. Gradually.

4. Very well. Proposed on bended knee, in NYC on New Year's Eve.

5. Exactly like we expected. It was a Portuguese-American wedding, so the template was pretty well broken in.

6. My parents were divorced, so probably not.

7. I don't feel qualified to give advice.

8. It's as expected.

9. Keeping things fresh, year after year.

10. Friendship, Partnership, companionship, sex

11. I'd have to be attracted to her.

12. Both financially responsible, both have professional careers and artistic goals. We both love to travel, to Europe in particular. We both love big cities.

13. People get married too soon, too young, don't live together first, don't really know each other first.

14. You mean in the past? No.

15. 2 children. It's made things more difficult from a practical standpoint, but it is an amazing thing to watch your children grow.
I'm doing a religion project and need married people to help answer a few questions...?
I'm 21 and my husband is 23.



(1) We met at work, and I grabbed his butt.

(2) We dated for 4 months before he proposed, and another 4 months before we were married, we had a wonderful dating experiance.

(3) He was the most compatible person to come, we had the same level of humor, plus he was really HOTT!

(4) He propsed to me at the park gazebo, I had no idea, but he was sweeet, and we agreed to get married after I graduated High school.

(5) No, it was sooner. We got married 2 days before my senior year of school started.

(6) Well, my parents are still married, and they love each other throughly. Plus everyone else in my family had long and healthy marriages, so I knew that I wanted to get married.

(7) The advice I would offer to young women is to trust your instincts about things, especially marriage.

(8) Marriage is hard, but perserverance pays off.

(9) I had to learn to trust him, and be thankful for how well he's taken care of me and our family.

(10) The best things are the security of having someone there.

(11) I had to accept that he is extremely stubborn and people tend to cloud his mind about certain things.and he had to accept that my parents are conservative assholes.

(12) We share the same sense of humor, we like to do the same things, most of the time, and we love our children very much. We are different on a lot of things, but can be resolved easily with an argument.

(13) The reason that the divorce rate is 50%, in my opinion, is that people are getting married not for themselves but for other people and allow those same people to be involve in their relationship.

(14)I've never been married in the future, but I am still in my first marriage.

(15) WE have two children, and it makes our bond much stronger. We, as partners, have two lives that need proper rearing.
1. How did you meet?



We met online, at www.fusion101.com.







2. What was your dating experience like? (i.e., how long did you date for? Did you ever break up while you were dating? What were the big issues when you were dating?)



Most of our relationship was long-distance. We didn't date, but we courted for more than a year. We never broke up. The biggest issue for us was the distance.







3. How did you come to decide that this person was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?



It's funny, I liked him, but I wasn't sure I liked him enough to consider him as a potential spouse. But I had a close relationship with God at the time and was trusting him with my life. He was preparing me for the proposal. When my husband did propose, I said yes, not because of a feeling I had but because I was certain that was what God had in store for me. He turned out to be right. I love my husband very much!







4. How did you proposal go?



We hadn't even met in person yet. We were on the phone, he was in a shed and I was in my kitchen standing next to the microwave. He simply asked me...and the next thing I remember is me falling down on the floor. X)







5. Was the wedding day like you thought it would be?



Pretty much. There was a last-minute date change though.







6. Did you have good role models of marriage growing up? Do you think having had role models or not has affected your attitude or beliefs about marriage?



I had decent role models, yes. Only one person in my family has ever gotten a divorce that I am aware of. So my family's example definitely had a positive impact.







7. To the wives: What advice would you give young girls today regarding relationshops with the opposite sex?

To the husbands: What advice would you give young men today regarding relationships with the opposite sex?



I would advise them to guard their hearts, and ask God who they should marry.







8. Is marriage different than what you expected? If so, how?



Not really. There haven't been any big surprises.







9. What are some of the biggest challenges you have faced in an effort to maintain a healthy, happy marriage?



Hmm.. Time management would definitely be up there on the list. Our schedules conflict a lot.







10. What are the best things about being married?



God. He's also the best thing about being single. :)

My husband and I get to grow together in the faith, share ideas, and eventually build a ministry if that is our calling. There are also the expected benefits of living with your best friend and knowing you are committed to each other by an unbreakable covenant ordained by God when man was first created. It's amazing.







11. What are some of the “nonnegotiable” you had in mind before you got married regarding what your future spouse would have to be like?



He had to be a Christian who loved the Lord. Beyond that I left it up to God.







12. How are you and your spouse similar? How are you different?



We are similar in that we are both shy, introverted, and prefer to stay home or go out together rather than go out with friends. We are different in that he likes Doctor Who and I think it's annoying. X)







13. Why do you think there is a 50% divorce rate today?



Because people don't love God enough to trust him. Among couples who pray together daily, only 1 in 10,000 get divorced.







14. Had either of you been married in the future? If so, how did this change your views on your current marriage?



You mean in the past? Neither of us had been married before.







15. Do you have children? Either way, how does this effect your marriage?



We have two children, and they definitely affect the marriage. They make us a family.