Wednesday 21 September 2011

Arguments - do husbands like to talk things out?

Men 鈥?if you are having marital problems (lots of bickering, arguments, etc.) would you like your wife to a) sit you down to talk things out or b) show love and affection and more sex to help change your attitude?

When a couple has problems and the wife wants to figure out how to make things better 鈥?Isn it better for the wife to just show love and affection before trying to talk it out????

I know that as a hubby of many years, whenever my wife says things like, we are having problems, or anything else like that, I usually get defensive. The implication is always I should be doing more. I respond much more positively with love and affection (and yes, Sex helps a lot too). I feel more loving when I am loved. The reason I ask, is because most of the marital advice on Answers has to do with women advising other women to talk to their husbands or enter counseling, or the like.Arguments - do husbands like to talk things out?I am not a husband but I am boyfriend that wants to marry my girlfriend badly. To be honest, I usually like to talk things through first. I don't want to be affectionate or have sex with someone I am angry with. If I am angry, I don't like being close to my girlfriend. However, after we work it out, I want to do those things more than I usually do. I am very loving after the fight but never during the fight.
Arguments - do husbands like to talk things out?
thing is, why would the wife feel loving if she isn't feeling loved?? why is it 100% the wife's responsibility to change, and not aven address the problems? you basically say that she should just pretend everything is fine %26amp; that there's no problem, when she might be dying inside. how is that better for the relationship??
Arguments - do husbands like to talk things out?
yeah i kinda get what you are saying but it is a 2 way street. women tend not to be physically affectionate is they are not emotionally satisfied. so i guess it is just the opposite for men and one would have to find some even ground.
Well you are walking a very fine line of being a pig. It is true that most men do like to talk about problems because by nature, we are problem solvers, and in most arguments with our spouses, there is no true way to solve the problem (no way to just do A,B%26amp;C and everything is solved).



What you need to do is talk with your spouse. If you fel more comfortable talking after sex, then tell her that. But to think that just by having sex that everything is going away, is just unrealistic and only available in fairy tales. Women are emotional beings and they need to talk about their feelings. You also need to understand how women communicate or you relationship is doomed.



Quit thinking about yourself and think of how others feel. If you do that, in most cases you will be rewarded far beyond your imagination.



Good Luck
I'm not sure that anyone likes to do the hard work of talking things out. Some have said that men are problem solvers and women are talkers. Would it be too simple to say that if talking is solving the problem, what's the harm. If sex is going to happen at all, I'd say you're more likely to see it after you listen to what she needs to say. But if I were going to walk that fine line near being a pig, I would agree with what Cosby said. Women don't want to hear what you think. They want to hear what they think....in a deeper voice. Good luck.
always thinking%26gt; good answer as men are from Mars and women from Venus. I agree that a woman needs that emotional attachment to have a sexual relationship. Talking is always best without being negative and angry and say what you need from eachother to make it work. Without communication there is no true relationship. The 2 way street comes into affect here and both partners need to share what that need is to succeed in this relationship. Sharing time with eachother is important. Doing things and going places together is the key. Quailty time! Show her that you do truely love her...send flowers once in awhile with a note or take her to dinner more often. Show affection by touching,carressing,kissing, it doesn't always have to be sex with these. Someone has to make the initiative to get things rolling, why not you?