Wednesday 21 September 2011

Have you ever undergone a dramatic change in your appearance? How has it influenced...?

your views on the attitudes of members of the opposite sex, whether they are superficial, hypocritical, etc.



I am referring to things like losing more than 50-100 lbs., going from thick eyeglasses to contacts, getting rid of severe acne, %26quot;filling out%26quot;, going through a %26quot;growth spurt%26quot;, plastic surgery, or whatever... anything that strongly affected how people see and respond to you.Have you ever undergone a dramatic change in your appearance? How has it influenced...?The creepiest thing I ever experienced was being very pregnant and attracting the attention of %26quot;pregnancy fetishists.%26quot; I had one guy follow me around a store once, staring at me.



Check out the pregnancy section of YA! You'll find all sort of men asking questions about lactation and pregnant bellies and typing with one hand.
Have you ever undergone a dramatic change in your appearance? How has it influenced...?
I got my braces off at about the same time I went from horn-rimmed glasses to “granny style” glasses, which were really popular in the `70’s. All of a sudden, guys started to notice me then.



It did make me realize that people will always judge you first by how you look, then take the time to get to know you.
Have you ever undergone a dramatic change in your appearance? How has it influenced...?
i think pregnancy qualifies...not to mention the baby fat you're left with. having been through this experience twice, and both times requiring two plus years to regain my figure women seem more sympathetic and men...well let's just say it wasn't much fun to be treated as if invisible.
I was pretty chubby when I was younger and I lost a lot of weight around 21. After that, every time I would go into clothing stores I would be mobbed by sales people, which never really happened prior.
I have gone from fat to slim, and long hair to short hair, the latter occuring overnight.



If I fulfilled a traditional criteria of attractiveness (long haired and slim) I got a lot more attention, if I didn't, I didn't. It was always a pain because the kind of attention recieved is so awful - crude, threatening, demeaning. It is not complimentary, no man does it if he really wants a woman to respond positively.
I change it very often. It was influenced by nothing. Just me growing up I guess.



I have had the grunge look, preppy tinnie bopper look, skater look, professional, really thin (anorexia), over weight (obesity). Each look fit with my life at the time. The grunge thing was when I was playing the drums. Skater was when I was learning to skate board. Preppy was when I was a cheer leader. Was able to do all those looks because I moved a lot and would start the new school with the new look. Anorexia kinda stretched out over all that. Started eating and walking/hiking all over so that ended up alright for a couple years. Then went to college and got a desk job. That's how I ended up with the professional look. But sitting all day made me gain some serious weight. About 2 years ago decided to do something about that. Lost 30 pounds since then.



Kinda funny, during the week I have a professional prudish look. During the weekend I hit the clubs in slutty cloths. Seen a co-worker at the club before and he didn't recognize me so I didn't say %26quot;hi%26quot;. Funny.
When I was 15 I started working out and gained over 20 pounds of muscle in a few months

It was neaat! now im not out of shape but boy, I was a knockout in my 20's!
After I delivered my second child, I lost all the weight overnight and gained a larger than usual bosom. I went alone to a mall to buy some nursing bras and a couple of men were following me around the stores. One ran up behind me all the way to the parking lot and scared me, because he kept trying to touch me and he kept throwing out lines. He claimed he had met me several times at bars. I never went to bars. I didn't recognize him. I think I got all that attention because of the bigger bust. ( I was all covered, with no low cut blouse.) I guess I was there on %26quot;Boob Appeciation Day.%26quot;

C. :)!!
The only dramatic change to my appearance was this year when I cut off my dreadlocks. I went from having hair down my back to having less than one inch of hair and it was like I lost 10 pounds of weight! Anyway, it didn't influence my attitudes towards the opposite sex and I don't think it affected how people see me. I still have a feminine appearance, but just with short hair.
I have 4 children and the only physical dramatic change that occurred in my life was my pregnancies (all four of them)

I was this 110lbs petite woman who suddenly gained 30lbs.

I had to get new clothes and some of my friends and relatives were amazed about how I looked back then.

It was hard for me,cause I no longer felt comfortable with myself.But everything got back to normal a couple months after I had my kids and I also lost all the extra pounds.
I hate it when ugly people become beautiful and then decide they have the right to have the pleasure of treating others like dirt. Those people will always and forever be ugly, unless they change for the better.
I used to weigh 215 lbs (I'm about 6', so it still didn't look all that bad.) Then, when my first wife passed away, I got depressed and went on a Mt Dew diet - that's all I had for a month. It wasn't an intentional, it just kinda happened. In that month, I dropped to about 165 lbs, and suddenly, women seemed more interested. I wasn't interested at the time, but it stroked my ego a little and made me feel a little less alone in the world. It's not like they were actively pursuing me (well, maybe a little), but they did seem more willing to spend time with me. That's all in the past now. I'm happily married again, and my weight has settled back to what it was as a teenager - about 176 lbs. And I still get looks and compliments from women - it's very flattering, although I'd never act on those comments or suggestions.



It didn't really make me feel that women are shallow. Looks and physical attraction are as important as anything else - maybe more important, since the very first impression we make is when that person first sees us, even before we get to talk. To deny physical attraction, or think of it as shallow, is to deny yourself.
My most drastic change in appearance has been my haircut in seventh grade. My hair used to fall to my hips, and after the haircut, it fell to my shoulders. It didn't influence anything, except the ease of brushing and drying my hair after a swim.