Saturday 24 September 2011

Girlfriend being distant, not very loving, feel like a 'friend' to her?

right here we are, i am 21 and she is 22. at the start of the relationship everything for us was spot on, communication, sex, loving to eachother, everything was great, however in the last 2 weeks she has been acting very distant with me, i have no idea why, i have tryed to ask her, she says everything is fine, we have sat down on 2 occasions now and briefly talked about this problem i can see, but still she assures me everything is fine, and tells me she sometimes has her good and bad days, fairenough i am the same, everyone is.. my problem is she is treating me more like a friend than a bf, she wont really text me and when she does it lacks something, like where as before she would say xxxx at the end for example or i love you, but none of the she is keeping everything short if you like, if i ring her she wont talk too much and doesnt really seem interested kinda thing, if i go to see her she is really distant and wont come over for a hug like she used to, or kiss when she see's me, its always me to that makes to move, sometimes i sit there and she wont sit next to me she would rather sit on the floor and play with the kittens she has!! as for the sex part, sometimes i go over and she will sort of tease me, but then when we go to bed, nothing happends, i did ask her on a couple of occasions 'whats up why do you not want it tonight, one excuse was im too tired, ok maybe she was fine ok, the next night again same thing the light went off and she said good night and i again asked her about it, she said i dont feel like having it tonight, maybe next weekend', i did tell her on that time, there is two of us in this relationship, and she responded with the above,...........

at the start when ever we could do it we would and she loves it, i know she does, but recently she has come off her injection and gone on the pill, missed a few and in the end she is on nothing, - the last week or so, so maybe it could be hormones i dunno,

also her bother of 24 is down from where he lives atm she dont see him often, maybe another reason why she seems to be distant,....i did ask her sister this and she said she is like this everytime he is down to visit,

also if i complain that she wont txt me back, she goes in to one and says ' you go all moody if i dont txt back,.... urm well yeah i would tbh you are ignoring me, even if she is busy, which tbh cant be im sorry because she dont work unlike me, but i still find the time!

overall tomorrow i have told her that i am going to talk to her, but im not going to pussy-foot around, its either change your attitude or im gone approach, i think that might open her eyes, if it dont she isnt worth it, she has told me on countless times how much she loves me, how much she wants kids and to get marryed to me.



any suggestions on how to handle this tomorrow, and yes i love her and she knows it, because of how good i am to her, she is taking me for granted????????? i think maybe she is walking over me a tad, how do you resolve that, i dont want to end it, but if i have to then i have to, im sick of girls taking me for a ride, and the thing is she knows girls do this to me, maybe she thinks she can get away with it too??????



on thanks for reading, i really appricate any comments, just speak your mind, be honest :)Girlfriend being distant, not very loving, feel like a 'friend' to her?One thing that would really help the reader is how long you guys have been together. I read the hole thing and it was somewhat interesting. One note- after reading this it seems like you are quite mad at her. I think the anger doesn't help. Lets face it if someone always complained about your text messages its hard to be in the mood to be like I love you xxxx if she always has that memory of you not being happy with her messages.



I have been in a similar sitaution in the past (I'm 26. I left the girl for a different girl and don't regret the decision at all. Now married to a girl not in that situation at all). That being said I think you need to think about what you did when you started the relationship. What was fun, what do you remember that you really liked. And try to create that situation again, if she sucks the fun out of it then it is probably time to move on. The reason I say this is while it is important to have open communication in a relationship, you don't want to be with someone that complains about how much fun you used to be, or that you are acting weird (looking at it from her side).



Plan something fun that you did in your past, maybe a couple things. Things might go back to normal as you may have gotten in what I call a comfort rut. If they don't and shes still acting distant or weird it might just be a sign that things have permanently changed and its a good time to move on.