Wednesday 21 September 2011

Help me! I don't know how to handle my emotions?

My problem is that when something blows up my ego, I go into a bad mood. And worst it will go like forever..:(



Like when I get a bad result for my final exam, I immediately go into a bad mood. I can't seem to shake that feeling. Feeling bad, feel hopeless sometimes, I know its negative and bad, but I can't seem to handle my emotions.



For instance, when someone says something that makes me mad although it's just a small matter, small thing, things that I shouldn't get mad easily, I tried to hold my anger towards that person. But it's a failure, I answer back meaning I don't respond in a polite manner. And when I don't like something about somebody, especially when I have a room mate I confront them, instead of saying like a casual way informally.



I don't know how to handle my emotions. My mum have talked this to me, advising me stuff. She keeps telling the parts that I need to improve and change. But, I couldn't seem to do it. And worst, my dad says I need to change my attitude. :( I admit, I need to change my attitude. But, how do you change your attitude? completely and fully change my attitude? Changing attitude is a problem with me. Sometimes, i makes me feel sad when my parents have to say these to me especially when they emphasize on attitude. I'm already 19. and i still think this isn't too late to change. But I just don't know how to change my attitude. i see other people can do it, but why can't I do the same? :((



Plus, handling my emotion is a big issue for me. I don't mean to just get angry throw my rage whenever I like to somebody. I don't mean to hurt people. I don't want my emotions get the best in me, that's my concern. How do you handle your emotions. When I feel angry, I can't seem to shake it off, I don;t hold grudges or do I? I have bad thoughts when people make me angry, that's when i get angry at them. Sometimes, I throw a tantrum at them. I'm not a bad person.Help me! I don't know how to handle my emotions?wow that's sad. I also have the same problem. Though it lessened. but I know it's still there. I just can't handle not snapping to the people who nag to me and stuff like that. I completely understand how you feel and I know it's so hard not to be angry. But i got a suggestion (though im not sure this is gonna help)



Try and loosen up. For short lay back and relax. Don't think of things that much. If someone irritates you just answer back in your mind. If you know that you would blow up, turn back quickly before you open your mouth. If you cant stop then...just say sorry afterwards?

And 'bout your parents. Um would it be ok if you try and ignore what they say about your attitude? Getting depress over what people say wouldn't help you one bit. Oh and hey I'm sure you don't need to change your whole attitude. I'm sure you have good points ^^.

And talk to your friends. Try and always stick to them and ask them to help you. I'm sure they gladly would ^^ Tell them bout your situation.

And remember to think as positively as you can. Live your life happy. Do things that would make you happy so nothing can possibly make you angry. hahaha hope you get what i mean. IGNORE INSULTS MY FRIEND!



hope that helped even a bit. If it didn't....last resort...TALK TO A THERAPIST! or a counselor.
Help me! I don't know how to handle my emotions?
I would like to suggest something like joining into some martial arts classes. I was the same as u. I redirected my anger and negative emotions...

I used to control my anger till the practice class or the tournament... result was I am a good student at studies as well as sports.. won a few gold medals at state levels and this also boosted my self confidence.

Now no more arguemensts with ppl around
Help me! I don't know how to handle my emotions?
It's normal to feel the way you do, a lot of people do the same things you do. The key is to find where your feelings come from and create a new way of dealing with them. Emotions aren't good or bad, they are simply signals from our bodies that we are feeling something. It sounds like your default feeling when you feel threatened is anger. That's fine, but you have a choice to follow a path that makes you unhappy or happy.



The next time you feel the anger coming up make yourself aware of where in your body you feel it. Once you're conscious of where you feel it you can do something to stop yourself from letting it get out of control. Think of something you can do to interrupt the journey down the negative path. Some people think of a song they love or a beautiful landscape or go for a walk. It's up to you what it is. Every time you feel the anger bubbling up do the same thing. At first it won't work but, over time, you will learn how to get off the negative path and onto a more positive path.



If you find that it's too difficult to do this yourself. There are professionals who can help you like counselors or therapists. It can help to talk with someone who is trained to help us with any emotion.