Wednesday 21 September 2011

How much, and in what ways do films/movies influence your thoughts, ideals and morals?

How much, and in what ways do films/movies influence your thoughts, ideals and morals?

I'd like to know if any films in your life have been instrumental in any changes of attitude, your hopes, your fears, your strengths etc. What films were they,.. and how did they affect your ways?How much, and in what ways do films/movies influence your thoughts, ideals and morals?'Twelve Angry Men' ...a film that, as it were, 'turned me on' ~ and I mean in every other sense than sexual.



I don't know if there has been an up-dated version (as it were) of this, but it was made in the 50's and I must have been about 11 - 13 years old when I saw it.



It now looks flawed in various ways, and cliched (because it was 'used' so often since), but it was a key for me into not just simply 'taking the Official Line' as given ...something to do with 'Justice' ...and the Powers that we each hold for ourselves.



Sorry, I really don't seem to be able to do justice to what I mean.



Sash.
How much, and in what ways do films/movies influence your thoughts, ideals and morals?
Forest Gump. You can overcome anything if you desire.



Films are almost always likely derived from a book. So the question should be.. what books have inspired you.
How much, and in what ways do films/movies influence your thoughts, ideals and morals?
I love questions like this but i can never remember the movies. Let me try, I loved the movie Mystic River. It really moved me.

Any movies that are drug related really hit home to you not to get involved eg, boyz in da hood, drugstore cowboy oh my there are sooo many. Im english but the best movies are american made about the ghetto etc. I will probably come back to this question after more thought!
i think the answer to your question lies in the fact that society (in general) reflects the decline in moral values and the increase in violence...TV, movies and video games play a huge part in this.