Friday 16 September 2011

What is the message in Memoirs of a Geisha?

I've read the book but I don't really know what lesson this book is trying to communicate.



I was just wondering, how did this book change your outlook, attitude, or world. I need to analyze other readers reaction towards this book.



Thanks for the help.What is the message in Memoirs of a Geisha?I honestly don't think it's communicating a lesson. I suppose you could take away a lesson about perseverance and overcoming obstacles or something, but I don't think the book was TRYING to teach any kind of lesson at all. It's just not that deep (which is sad, because it has so much potential).
What is the message in Memoirs of a Geisha?
I was saddened at how much power the geisha's men had over them, particularly the geisha who had to keep getting abortions because her man wanted her to. I never liked the main character much.