Wednesday 21 September 2011

Did you ever lead a boring or unfulfilled life and then suddenly change your attitude?

I would like to know how many out there just had a pretty routine life for awhile or a certain chapter in their lives and felt unfulfilled during that time........and did you have some sort of awakening/a new outlook/change of attitude,then suddenly started doing all kinds of things out there in the world not only to make yourself happy, but helping others as well?

What was it exactly that cause this 'awakening' within you?

and what types of interesting things are you doing now %26amp; for the future?

just really curious...... :o)Did you ever lead a boring or unfulfilled life and then suddenly change your attitude?Boring, yes, but then I got out of Catholic schools and into the real world.
Did you ever lead a boring or unfulfilled life and then suddenly change your attitude?
nope I made up my mind at a young age that I would do what I wanted, go where I felt, see what I could and experience everything possible as much as possible. I have traveled to many countries, slept under stars more than under roofs for years, never cared who talked about me, or what others thought. I have one life to live, and by god Im gonna live it. Am 56, took up riding motorcycles, and am building a tree house down by the creek and gonna move in it, still skinnydipping in the creeks. SO WHAT. I love my life. Money means nothing to me, nor do clocks or restraints.
Did you ever lead a boring or unfulfilled life and then suddenly change your attitude?
No...
I JUST NOW MADE THE CHOICE TO DO SO!
Yep - it all changes after you reach 25.
Im still just floating. for me everything is on hold till i get a job. which has taken 7 months and counting. I do volunteer work though, it keeps me alittle sane.
No.
I did, I was negative, pessimistic, critical and miserable. That all changed when I got my own place for the first time and became totally independant. I hav to prove myself to myself before i could let myself be happy. Now i own my own house and am very self contained. Time to mess it all up by dating again, but, at least i am a better person now.
OK
Yes, my freinds and famliy all got me to try harder and do better
No, but find life is full of drama still, even though I am at the age where I want the quiet life, no surprises, just leave me here on the beach.
Nah it has its ups and downs
Life was so boring that I was on burn-out last autumn. Spent the last months searching for a new career and I'm starting classes in a week. I'll become and environment manager and will have the knowledge and power to help companies take a green change. I will help make a better world for my daughters :-) By the way I was a programmer-analyst. Was bored doing changes in reports, knowing they would simply prints tons of copies nobody would really read...
I'm leading an unfullfilling life now, and I'm waiting for my wow moment. I've been unhappy for years now, but I think I've found a way to improve things. I am going to go volunteer overseas in January 2008 so that I can help others and make a difference.
Yep, then I got a divorce, came to this place I'm at now for one month, and never went back. This was back in Sept. 02. I am 300 miles from where I was living in So. Ca., big city life. I am now in a town with less than 2000 residents. And I love it here.
nope -- im still living that boring life
WOW! What a profound question...

I felt that on and off ... towards the people around me ... towards my job ... towards everything. I think I get bored pretty easily. I'm not sure that's good or bad.

My awakening is normally in the form of inspiration from outside especially someone who's either been there done that or someone who's so unfortunate that I think my life can make a difference in others' lives. But ultimately, my wake up call is my goal to provide for my parents endlessly. Currently, I'm still not able to do that.



Interesting things ... I love myself a lot now. I make sure myself is happy before I make others happy. Be it in physical aspects or even material possessions. Like recently I bought Motorazr V3 Red to support the Red campaign. Even though I've already own a Nokia phone and happy about it. And my one phone has generated another phone from my friend and I'm glad that more people will get the AIDS cure in Africa.



I guess I'm taking life by the moment. Future is at the moment. And the best awakening I've ever had is to realize that NOW is always the best time to live your life fully.
when i was younger i was very shy, then one day i thought to myself %26quot;why??%26quot; so i just started talking to people, and not worrying about it. now i have many friends and can chat with just about anyone.
One day I watched some die in front of me and I couldn't do a thing about it. I watched the Firefighters and Paramedics do what they could. I was moved by their skill, compassion and knowledge. That was when I decided to %26quot;grow up%26quot; and do something meaningful and fulfilling with my life. I became a Firefighter / Paramedic.
My life was very unfulfilled and I was searching for fulfillment outside of myself.



I now live a very simple life. I read, crotchet, listen to music, and I am teaching myself a foreign language.



My life became more centered when I started enjoying being with myself and stopped expecting others or things to make me happy.



I contribute to society by being a much nicer and calmer person than I was before.
YES,I use to feel like my life was just passing me by then I came to the conclusion that it was me and not everybody else

but for me it was alittle different I had to get away.I moved to a new state made new friends,got a better job,started going to church and my life now is so fulfilled
yeah, when i quit drinking and doing drugs, all the good things came along, with hard work too
I did. I'm a single parent and literally stayed in the house for years raising my child, doing the whole school volunteer/ PTA thing, devoted 100% to my child and 0% to myself - seriously, NO dating, NO going out w/ friends, nothing! Every little bit of time I had went toward the well being of my children, because I felt guilty of the fact they I did not provide a father for my children. Well... one day I just had this epiphany that just spoke to me and made me realize that I owe it to myself to be fullfilled, to get out the house and to enjoy life! I thought to myself, I didn't run out on my children, I was the responsible one, why should I deprive myself??? And so I changed the way I was living my life. I recently started going out with friends, setting aside leisure for myself, travelling etc... And I found that not only was I more happy, but my children were happy for me and they actually became more confident and active, as well! I had to learn that only can WE control the way our lives turn out. And I had to accept that responsibility. And now, life for me is GREAT!
Absolutely. I entered adulthood with a $150.00 car, my clothes, a minimum wage job, and a poverty mentality. I spend the first 11 years of adulthood with that mentality. I went to college after year 7. After 2 years, I discovered that I could no longer afford to go, so I set out to improve my life.



Two years later, I read a book called %26quot;The Richest Man in Babylon%26quot; then one called %26quot;Rich Dad, Poor Dad%26quot;



Those two books opened my eyes to the fact that not only can I get any place in life, but how to financially get there. I recommend those two books to EVERYONE! They will change your life!



I now own 5 properties and 3 businesses 10 years later, and could retire today and have a decent life.



HOWEVER, I have a strong desire to bless those around me, so I have set a goal to give away 10 million dollars in my life.



I am also writing a book that should be published by the end of the year.



Life IS TRULY what you make of it! Make it a good one. Read those two books in that order, and take 100% responsibility for your life. EVERYONE can have a great life. Remember, I started with a minimum wage job.
Ok, seriously is it just me or is anyone else starting to feel sentimental? These stories really are inspiring. So here's my testimony. I never felt popular and was always shy in school. Then one day something told me to snap out of it! I asked a girl out to the dance and she accepted. That night I knew I would be confident enough for anything and I could do whatever I wanted if I put my mind to it! I know it's not much, compared to some of the more intense stories, but it was my experience :) thanks for listening
nope, still living the same boring routine life.